Book Seller Registration form
How to sell here..?
Please read privacy statement before registration
We care about your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy statement will inform you how we handle your personal data, your privacy rights and how the law protects you. Please read this privacy statement carefully before using our Services.
Services mean any products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions, and all related websites, applications, and services offered to you by us.
Platform means the websites, mobile apps, mobile sites or other online properties through which we offer our Services.
Sharedbooks.in is a web based social platform for exchanging of books among users. We are only facilitating a platform for exchange of books.
When you register to use our Services we may collect the following information about you:
if you register using your Google account: first name, last name,avatar and email address; if you register using your Facebook account: we collect first name and last name as appeared on your Facebook account and Facebook IDs. In the event you have provided permission to Facebook through their in-app privacy option (which appears just before you register on our Platform), we may collect your gender, age or email id depending on the permissions granted by you. ; and
if you register using our registration form we collect
We use your e-mail address and mobile number (by SMS) to make suggestions and recommendations to you about our Services that may be of interest to you.
When you register as book seller, we may collect the following information about you:
If you register as a seller we will collect your basic required information like mobile, email, PAN/GSTN to be able to sell your books here, your bank account for transferring amount after order is successfully delivered. We never share Your contact details with any other sellers or buyers. We respect your privacy.
Adding location/address is optional. Depending on your device permission and accessing media, if you post an book or a request for a book on our Platform, we automatically collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, Wi-Fi access points and mobile towers. Your location data allows you and others to see books near you/others.
Client and Log data
Technical details, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device, time zone, and operating system. We will also store your login information (registration date, date of last password change, date of last successful login), type and version of your browser.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
How will we inform you about changes in our privacy statement?
We may amend this privacy statement from time to time. We will post changes on this page and will let you know by e-mail or through our Platform. If you do not agree with the changes, you may delete your account by going to account setting and select delete account.
Your right to request remove your data from our site
You have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data.
Communication and marketing
We will communicate with you by email, SMS or in app notification in connection with our Services/Platform to confirm your registration, to inform you in case your book listing has become live/expired and for other transactional messages in relation to our Services. As it is imperative for us to provide you such transactional messages you may not be able to opt -out of such messages.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you:
Who do we share your data with?
We may share your data with our website admins who help us in providing business operation services such as product enhancements, customer support and fraud detection mechanism.
Third Party Service Providers: We use third party service providers to help us deliver certain aspect of our Services for example, cloud storage facilities, Paytm wallet services.
We conduct checks on our third-party service providers and require them to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow them to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Links to third-party websites
Why are ads appearing here?
We want to keep this site free for users to promote building of social book hub for the benefit of every one. To do this we need some money to maintain this website. For this we are trying to get some money through this ads. Please don't block ads and support us.
Please read terms and conditions of usage before registration
Terms and conditions of agreement between sharedbooks.in and it's registerd seller
- The details provided are to be genuine and the necessary proofs are to be uploaded after registration. Our team will verify your details with uploaded documents and accepts if everything appears genuine.
- Registration to this site is free now.
- Customer can place PrePaid or COD (if applicable and agreed by you) order against your uploaded book. For all the orders amount will be credited to our pool account.
- We have a tie up with courier partner "Delhivery" for door-step pick-up and cash-on delivery. It is only optional, vendors can use their choice courier partners for delivery of books (only for Prepaid orders)
- For C.O.D orders it is mandatory to ship through our courier partner "Delhivery".
- Return Policy: Two days return policy from delivery date has to be agreed by the vendors (only for damaged books / material missing books). The return charges are to be born by the vendor. The returns will be through our courier partner (Delhivery) where ever feasible.
- Deductions: 4% commission + applicable GST on commission on the selling price will be deducted while making payment to your account.
- Delivery & COD charges: Along with commission, if the actual delivery & COD charges are more than the charges you mention against your uploaded book, the difference of these charges will also be deducted from final payment. (Because these charges varies depends on the buyer location, selling price and overall package weight)
- Deductions for returns: For all accepted returns the courier charges arise due to return of the item to seller will be created as liability against seller account and will be adjusted full on the next order while making payment.
- Payments: Payment of settled transactions will be made to your verified bank account after the return period is over with in period of 24-72hrs after suitable deductions as mentioned above. COD order payments may get a little more delay as we need to get payment from the courier partner.
- Delivery Instructions: For your order to pickup by our courier partner you have to keep our order properly packed with item and invoice. Paste the packingslip which we will send you on this package and handover it to courier person.
(Ex: If a book is sold with Item Price:Rs200/- , Delivery charges Rs50/- and COD chages Rs60/-. The deductions will be 4% commission on Rs200/- i.e Rs8/- + applicable GST on Rs8/-)